top picks

Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 3 Wrap-up

This week has been a flurry of activity ending in a somatic collapse. I have been learning incredible amounts of information about Real Estate, finance, local land and microclimates. I have yet to find a home to live, but I have learned much about myself and my bioregion. I have also learned much about the process of becoming 'landed' and feel empowered by this knowledge.

I have been enjoying Choice Theory by William Glasser, and doing my best at keeping his ideas in my hear when I relate to my family and my community. When I remember these tools, life flows more easily.

I have also been working very hard to set up my business, a fundamental ingredient in my own financial sustainability. Creating my own livelihood in relation with my community feels far more stable than relying on some corporate of government infrastructure. Although, to be fair, as a credentialed health care provider, I am still relying on this infrastructure in many ways. I do, however, think it is essential to remove as many layers of hierarchy from the healing relationship as possible, and as a sole proprietor, I will be in a better position to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment